Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Do I have a lawsuit?

I work for a small retail place. And my boss said I needed to stock the shelves like I’m on crack/drugs. I’m emotionally distressed and I quit because of it. Can I file a lawsuit against the company

Yes, in theory, you can sue just about anyone for anything. To succeed in your claim for damages or injunction, you will have to state a valid claim (which you do not have) and produce evidence that they have somehow violated your rights or the law (hint: you generally have no legal right to be employed). Bottom line: as mentioned by others, you would be wasting your time and possibly provoke a counterclaim for an order that you pay their attorneys' fees for defending such nonsense.

stupid troll

get a life

No you cant have a lawsuit just because he hurted your feelings. For more legal queries you can visit Lawtendo website they will suggest you the best way to handle the situation.

• Bill G

No snowflake.

You cannot sue your boss because you didn't have a "safe space" to go cry in.

But, you are now back in mommy's basement, where you can safely cry about how unfair the world is for you while you complain to the world on Yahoo Answers.

Based on your question, I think you probably ARE on "crack/drugs".

Just because you are emotionally distressed does not mean you get to sue someone when you quit the job.

In the future, when you interview/apply for a job, let your employer know what you are unable to handle so you can be sure to get the right job for your tender emotional state of mind.

Not successfully, no. None of that is illegal.

Seek counseling, ASAP.

Ordering you to stock shelves doesn't come anywhere close to implying drug use. Thinking it does actually suggests you ARE high.

• James

I would not want to have that on my record because other employers will be afraid to hire you . They will avoid you like the plague . You need to grow a thick skin . It is a funny thing to say but I bet he would say that to anybody just joking around . Don't be sensitive . Learn how to joke around yourself . You could have said something like " I'll do my best but I am superman you know " Also ,the only thing you will end up doing is getting that guy fired . Forget it and move on

• Snoopy

Like a defamatory suit within the year since you quit your job. It takes about 1-2 years but I think it's worth it, as you get the psychological damages.

No. You can't sue someone because they hurt your feelings.

• Nuff Sed

You certainly can. You can sue a ham sandwich. Whether and what you win is a different question.