I have arm pain and am wondering what it may be?

There is a somewhat sharp pain in my left elbow and shoulder whenever I lift my elbow above my hand. I'm wondering what it is, its cures, and if I can exercise with it

• Lili

How does one lift one's elbow above one's hand? Do you mean head?

Pain that occurs in your shoulder when you try to raise your arm above a certain level could signal a rotator cuff problem -- I've had one -- but we are not doctors here and cannot diagnose you. You need to see a medical professional.

My regular practitioner sent me to an orthopedist who diagnosed my RC problem. I needed to do physical therapy exercises for months, since I didn't want steroid injections or surgery. The exercises worked, but they had to be prescribed by a professional.

Don't do any exercises until you can see a doctor and figure out what's wrong.

• Lili

That's an unnatural position for your arm, so it may be no surprise that it hurts. However, if this is causing you significant difficulties,see a doctor.