Why do people believe the myth that the Constitution actually limits government power?

In fact it was created to literally expand the federal governments power and that's why antifederalists opposed the Constitution, weirdly the only reason we have a bill of rights is because of antifederalists, I bet most people wouldn't even understand what I'm saying lol

You are correct. Most people don't understand gibberish.

I don't blame the Constitution for the tremendous expansion of government power and control. Especially abolishing states rights to gain more federal control.

The founding fathers did not want excessive government.

But the bottom line no matter what the authors of the U.S. Constitution wanted or did not want, the Constitution is only as good as the people that interpret and enforce it.

I understood what you were saying until you hit me with the "lol" crap.Once a person uses lol everything they had to say before it and everything after it becomes meaningless.

• Chris

The power of the central government was certainly increased over the powers in the Articles of Confederation. But those powers were, as stated clearly in the 10th Amendment, INTENDED to remain limited.

What a friggin' load! Where the h*ll did you hear that? It's just amazing the kind of crap people are spreading around these days. I bet you believe Trump is Making America Great Again. 8^)

• hamel5

I understand that the Amendments were added to protect individual and property rights and that they are now part of the Constitution. (lol to you )

The opposition to the BoR was mostly because it was feared that it would be interpreted as the only rights of the individual protected from the government. Today conservative jurists who say they see no right to whatever in the Constitution are doing exactly that. Brandeis said the most fundamental right was the right to be left alone. That is not explicit in the constitution but I see it as still a right to be protected.

The BoR is a partial listing of what the government cannot do, not what it can do.

most people consider the Bill of Rights to be part of the Constitution

• Federalists didn't create the bill of rights,they never added rights to it, antifederalists like Thomas Jefferson did

If you read the Bill of Rights I'm sorry but you are wrong it puts limits on government power for instance the government can't quarter troops in your home. It is a limit on federal power.

Without a constitution governments have unlimited power.