Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Are atheists too forgiving?

• .

Assuming that being forgiving has nothing to do with being an atheists, if they are rational enough, yes. I try to be forgiving, but I have some resentment in me that has caused me damage.

Forgive what? People are free to have an imaginary friend.

That's a very broad statement or question.

According to the Christian Bible, atheists ARE more forgiving than the God of the Bible.

For example: We can forgive people who do things we did not want them to do, and we can do it WITHOUT requiring OUR firstborn or only begotten son to be slowly tortured to death.

Christians claim that Jesus of Nazareth HAD to die,slowly and horribly, because that is the ONLY way by which the God of the Bible could be satisfied.

I cannot be a Christian, because I would be embarrassed to admit that MY God, while SMART enough to Intelligently Design an entire UNIVERSE, was at the same time TOO F[intercourse]ING STUPID to think up a NON-violent way to forgive people who pissed Him off.

As if they didnt pat themselves on the back enough as is

• .

No, religious people still have the whip.

That is too generalizing. I can mention some famous atheistic dictators who preferred not to tolerate the religious. They don't sound forgiving.

• Acetek

More that christians.

christians have a real hate complex going there

• Rolexeo6 months agoReport

Never have I seen you be nice to theists, you just insult them but then claim to be nice

What the HELL planet did you come from?

• Matt

The one where the bible has 1 Samuel 15:3 New International Version (NIV)
      3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

We don't believe in gods.

~