Uneven Sternum?

All my life I have had an uneven sternum. My right side, (if you're looking at me, your left) is raised while the other side sits lower. I tend to have some pain frequently when laying on one of my sides for too long. I'm curious if there is a name for this / if I should be getting it checked out. The difference between sides is fairly noticeable if laying on my back. Thanks!

1 Answer

  • Carson
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

    It's actually called "tilted sternum".

    It can effect the sternoclavile joint. The inside of your collar bone.

    I don't think there is a fix, but you should talk to a thoracic dr.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.