Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 5 months ago

Best way to raise money for heart surgery?

As a student working part time on minimum wage and completely financially independent, it's difficult to put money aside for just about anything. Unfortunately this includes a surgical procedure that may save my life. My close friends and family are unaware of the severity of my current health and I'd like to keep it that way. I started a gofundme but it seems disingenuous if I don't share it on my social media (which I don't want to do because my family will see it). How can I gain exposure and potential donors without revealing the state of my health to my family and close friends? It would mean the world.

Surely the hospital wont refuse you to save your life.

Do you live in the 3rd world? In every industrialized western country you would be fully covered by insurance, no need to beg for money.

Uh ... with one exception. The US.

• John DD

Which part of "fully covered" do you not understand? A normal health system covers all, except missed school.