Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality ยท 6 months ago

Do any Christian churches refrain from condemning other churches as "false", or do they all think they are the only true church?

Yes, my own denomination, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, fully recognizes most other mainstream denominations as fellow Christians. This includes but is not limited to the Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant branches. I'm very proud of that, especially as that has always been my personal, private view as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Naturally, I believe the doctrine of the LCMS is the truest, closest to the pure Christian faith as is possible this side of heaven. I'd be a hypocrite to believe that of another denomination, yet remain an LCMS member! But I accept as Christian any person or denomination which confesses and upholds the basic Christian doctrines summed up and expressed in the three great ecumenical Creeds of the Christian faith: the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed. THESE are the core, non-negotiable beliefs one must believe and uphold, in order to be saved. This is the "demarcation line."

All denominations have been infiltrated by the Jesuits and are taught to discredit other denominations - a house divided cannot stand. This was accomplished in 1986 and Reagan took his oath of office, being the first president to face a different direction, as a sign to the Jesuits that it had been completed.

I have not found any......... within every congregation of every denomination the ego, pride, and greed, within man, tends to come out to one degree or another....... when in fact... none of the man-invented "denominations" claiming the title of Christian, has any authority from The Creator God for their existence...... only those of The Body of The True Church commissioned by The Creator God will enter Heaven....... The Body consists of ALL of those who have managed to come to God in The Way He prescribes.... and who have been decreed by God to be of

The Body...... no act of man cam make one a part of The Body of God's Church

There are many non denominational churches who would appear to adhere to the doctrine that there is only one genuine Christian Church and that is the one which Christ Himself said that He would establish on Earth. Whatever the Apostles and the early Christian church were doing must have been right. The scriptures seem to indicate that there will be many branches but only one trunk. The branches which bear good fruit may be considered the good branches. Of all the churches I visited years ago, all of them offered sound doctrine and the people there, generally, seemed good people. All churches should stick rigidly to the simple truth that although there are many different forms of Christianity, the only route to salvation is through acceptance.

As in :- "May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)

This is a very good daily recitation or meditation indeed to protect against sins such as pride, arrogance or being judgmental about brothers/sisters in Christ.

• daylily61

Amen, every word ๐Ÿ’’๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ•Š

Here's your central foundation and even if old is paramount .

William Tyndale was burned alive and the Pope told him he was preparing him for

hell

like it was some kind courtesy when it was court heresy . her was left out ..

The Reformation was finger pointing none stop and mostly the middle finger was used .

What's changed ?

YES they do alot more then anything

One can think that his own church is entirely true without pretending that all other churches are entirely false,dear one. Most churches have at least some truth in them, and I strive to see and respect it. I just think I have something beautiful, even vital, to share.

Other "churches" are false. It is evil to not say so.