DO WINDINGS OF A PANCAKE COIL FURTHER FROM THE CENTER CONTRIBUTE LESS TO THE FIELD IN THE CENTER OR NOT?

If we look at the formula for a field of a single loop we can see that it does. B = u0 x I / 2R To calculate the field strength in the center of pancake coil they integrate the value for all individuals coils that make it, obviously outer coils contributing less. But isn't it logical flux from outer windings... show more If we look at the formula for a field of a single loop we can see that it does.

B = u0 x I / 2R

To calculate the field strength in the center of pancake coil they integrate the value for all individuals coils that make it, obviously outer coils contributing less.

But isn't it logical flux from outer windings must pass through the center? Where else would it pass?

Has anyone measured the field and confirmed if outer windings contribute less to center field or not?
1 answer 1