Why is it so dang hard to kill the success myth?

My life has given me PROOF that winners and losers are chosen. I was the hardest worker who always volunteered and stepped up. And everyone I post a question listing all of my advantages the defenders of the success myth just go in left field.

They also say there are no rules for promotion. Then list the rules for being promoted. Why can’t I kill the success myth?

Favorite Answer

oddly enough, the answer to your question is likely linked to the reason for your lack of "success" in general....

the universe exists beyond the confines of your life, your experiences and your feelings..... if you believe only that which affirms your existing beliefs, you not only limit your ability to grow as a human but also your ability to exist as part of a system...

there is nothing more tiresome than a friend, co-worker or employee who constantly preaches to others that they cannot be what they believe themselves to be without your agreement and approval...

the "myth" cannot be "killed" because the world does not exist to allow you to dictate its terms nor to pause and justify itself to you when you express your disappointment in it...

in the end, you are just crippling yourself and hoping that others slow down to match your pace...

• Ian

The success myth is just another Right-wing lie.

• don r

Didn't you get the memo from the King of the Whole Damned World? It clearly states that him and his family get everything and we, who aren't loved by him, get diddly because God told him it must be that way. Get back in the pit now and work, or the King will have your head.

• Chris

I had a good experience with success, especially after I started my own company. Try that.

cause people enjoy success everyday op

Working "hard" is not relevant, like say Hillary having a lot of experience, at failing at everything. Do you have valuable competence and education? if not large success won't be in your future.

You said you work hard. Working hard doesn't get promoted. Producing results better than expected or the average does in most cases.

I am approaching retirement (maybe in 3 years). I have had about the level of success in my profession I set out to have. No professional regrets of any magnitude other than wishing I had seen certain solutions earlier than I did.

• Jerome

Because of your definition of success.

suc·cess

/səkˈses/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.

"the president had some success in restoring confidence"

synonyms: favorable outcome, successfulness, favorable result, successful outcome, positive result, victory, triumph

Not sure what you talking about to be exact

its all about chance

working hard like a slave dog will get you little

taking what you want by force, on the other hand, gets you everything but people will hate you

a balance of both is best