asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

I am usually a very reserved person and shy away or avoid "outgoing people", but lately I tried being outgoing and now I am being avoided?

like I tried to be all out "hey , how you doing?" joking around, laughing, small talk and chit chat to people and people are acting like I acted towards them when they were doing that to me.

so why? what is reason?

what about too reserved and unconcerned about others? why that makes people want to initiate with you so much?

Favorite Answer

that was your first mistake; never go against your nature to please others.

rnaybe they feel guilty about what they did to you

Don't know why.

I'm pretty quiet too but make myself talk. Exactly how you do it.

Even if someone doesn't respond I'll still say hi and ask them how they are the next time I see them. I don't get mad if they ignore me.

Don't stop doing what you're doing. If someone wants to be a sour puss let 'em. It takes a lot sometimes to go out of your way to say hi when you're a quiet person. You'll eventually get through to some cool people.

• Chanel

It sounds like you need to gain more confidence.

Some people you meet you have nothing in common with but you will meet a person that you identify with.

So don't give up.

I wish you all the best.