Have you ever been in a situation where you feel anger and frustration because you can't do anything about it?

My boyfriend and I (he's 26 and I'm 25) we're in a long distance relationship for a year and were serious. The issue has always been with his parents though. They were never accepting of our relationship but at some point we thought they changed their minds because I recently attended his graduation and... show more My boyfriend and I (he's 26 and I'm 25) we're in a long distance relationship for a year and were serious. The issue has always been with his parents though. They were never accepting of our relationship but at some point we thought they changed their minds because I recently attended his graduation and was told that they wanted me to be there/ invited me over to their house for dinner. When I got back from my trip everything was fine, until a week later when he told his parents that he plans to travel soon to come visit me and they were completely against the idea and said no. I was told that his parents are completely against this relationship because we cannot get engaged anytime soon since their son just graduated and is unemployed and is not financially stable at the moment so all in all, they claim that the timing is wrong, so we ended up breaking up 2 weeks ago. He called me and told me that he still plans on making this work because we genuinely both in love with each other very much and that he just needs time. We still text each other often. It just really sucks to be in this situation. I feel this frustration and anger within me! I want to do something about it/ see him but I just can't! I don't know what to do anymore. We're just so in love with each other. And for all this to make sense, we come from a culture/ religion that does not allow dating and parent approval of spouse is necessary. We aren't free to do whatever we want until we're married.