Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 6 months ago

Why do people tell me that I’m too young to have kids?

I’m 20. Most people have kids in their 20s.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Jack
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Chances are that it is because you behave in an immature manner. Just guessing. Try getting married. It makes a difference. But then again...if you are too immature...God help your husband. God help you if he's as immature as you are.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Get married at least, I became a dad at 17 and am now 22 with 4 kids, you will regret it. Enjoy your time, because kids definitely change that

Yeah you can always get a babysitter but they adds up.

Enjoy your life, get married, spend time with friends

• Hannah
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, "most people" don't have kids in their 20s anymore (especially not their early 20s), at least not in the western world. Back when the economy was great and even entry-level jobs paid enough to live on, people got married right out of high school and started having kids soon after, but that's not how things are anymore. People say you're too young because you'd most likely have no way to financially support your child without either being on government assistance or relying on your parents. And we've made a lot of medical advancements and live longer than we used to, so it's now safer for women to have babies at a later age, and there's no need for people to rush and have kids young. So nowadays, people generally think that your 20s should be about having fun, figuring out who you are, and getting settled in a career, rather than being tied down to a family.

• Hannah
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

But, I guess I was thinking more like early 20s rather than the 20s as a whole. More people do have kids in their later 20s even if it still isn't necessarily a whole lot.

• 6 months ago

Because most people think there is something to be gained by giving yourself time to live as an adult before parenthood. Technically you have only be a legal adult for just over 2 years and perhaps they think you (as an individual) should give yourself more time. And scientifically your brain doesn't fully develop until you are more like 22 or 23.

But also understand that "people" are going to judge no matter what you do or say you want to do. Everyone has their own understanding of what is a good idea, which may differ from your own. Who knows they may be right and you may be wrong. But generally the ones to listen to are the older ones who have more experience on planet Earth, as they know what you risk by being in a hurry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

maybe they think you arent mature mentally

• GB
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

This is something between you and your husband or wife, not what other people think.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Maybe they mean that YOU are too young to have kids - not all 20 yos.

Are you ready for kids? Are you employed? Are you still living with your parents?

• edward
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Most people go to college, get married and have kids. In that order. Usually happens mid-late 20’s sometimes early 30’s. I know a girl who is 40 and just had a healthy baby

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Infantilizing adult females -- the downfall of civilization.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

More information needed. Are you really ready to have babies yet? Not only is raising a child difficult, but, its expensive. If you are mentally, physically and financially able that would be the perfect time to have children. Most 20 year olds are not ready...nor do they want to give up their independence. Why rush it if you don't have to?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Everyone thinks they know better than the next person. And people are sheep and follow old opinions without putting any proper thought into them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.