Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

i feel like i’m going to explode with anger soon. what do i do?

i’m in a situation that i can’t get out of for a while longer. i’ve been dealing with it for a little over a year now and little things have been ticking me off and i’ve been feeling pure anger like never before, but i always manage to calm myself down by going to sleep. but i’m ******* tired of sleeping and i feel like i’m spinning out and going crazy like any day now i’m going to explode and do idk what to do. it’s just boiling and sitting there under the surface. i’m never an angry or moody person

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Whatever your problem is, what you have to do is think your way through it. Maybe you can use some professional help with this.

It's not the quantity of your thinking that counts - it's the quality of your thinking.

How do we do quality thinking? The most important thing is to think calmly. We don't do good thinking when we're upset. I'm sure you know that the worst thing to do in an emergency is panic.

Calming down is actually very simple. I've been showing people the story of how the life of a Marine combat officer was saved by just breathing slowly when he was wounded.

Two psychiatrists, Brown and Gerbarg, say a 10 or 20 min slow breathing exercise - 5 breaths a min - is good and 20 min twice a day is a therapy for anxiety. The exercise is inhale and exhale gently, 6 seconds each.

By the way, this is really good anger management. If you feel like you're about to harm somebody this will cool you down fast.

Thinking itself is calming. When you use the thinking part of your brain, it gets control of the emotional part of your brain. Right away, you go from opera diva to Sherlock Holmes. You analyze the situation, look at good and bad possible outcomes, guess at the likelihood of worst-case scenarios and what you'd have to do in the worst-case.

When you do this, you'll probably see that the situation wasn't as extreme as you thought it was and the need to overthink will go away.

A famous psychiatrist said that when we can't control our feelings we can still control our muscles. If you think you're about to say the wrong thing. you can just tighten the muscles of you jaw and it will keep you mouth shut while you think of the best thing to say, which might be nothing. You can even freeze all the muscles of your arms and legs so you're safe from harming anyone.

Again, you might want professional help. Treatment usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a physical and a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach.

The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day and any symptoms you might have like change of appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting you feel.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Nope.....................

• Pi
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

So you want simple solutions to complex issues?

Annihilate your ego and practice self inquiry.

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

one can get out of anything with sacrificies...since we dont know your problem all we can do is consolidate you and thats no fun for you or I

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

rnaybe you should get sorne counseling, it rnight help you out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.