How can I request time off from work to go to an only once a year event ?

• H

I'm going to assume this is your first time asking for a time off. If you have worked for a long time then I don't think asking should be an issue. If I was your manager and you were a really good worker then I would definitely give you a day off for that event. It's not like you are asking often.

• Talk to your supervisor, manager, or your boss. Or find out from a co worker what you have to do to get time off.

If you have to ask your boss directly for time off then do so. You don't have to tell them what it's for, just tell them the days off that you need.

I would just email my manager a vacation request saying I want the day off. I get paid vacation so they aren't too picky about when and how I use it.

I have no idea how you would go about requesting it at your job. Every job is different.

rnaybe you can switch your schedule with sorneone

• audrey

It would totally depend on how many days you taken off so far this year. If this is the first time you've asked, just say it like it is.