What do I do if I have not receive my security deposit back in time?

I vacated my old house the last day of May. From my understanding, in California the landlord legally has 21 days to give the security deposit back(less any for damages). The landlord and I did a walkthrough my last day there and agreed he d only take around $150-$200 out of my $4k security deposit. On Friday (June... show more I vacated my old house the last day of May. From my understanding, in California the landlord legally has 21 days to give the security deposit back(less any for damages). The landlord and I did a walkthrough my last day there and agreed he d only take around $150-$200 out of my $4k security deposit. On Friday (June 21st), I did not see it in my mail, so I emailed my former landlord. He responded saying he will mail in the morning(Saturday I assume). Now it is June 25th and I still have not received it. Is there anything I can do besides demand it back? I know he s supposed to return it within 21 days, but what if he doesn t?