Can I build fence on public land that is in my yard.?

I plan to build the fence on my corner yard. However, there are a little big of public land that is in my corner yard, but is not mine, it is public land. can I build the fence on this public land?

Thanks

If it is public land it is not in "your" yard. You should ask for permission and get it in writing before you do anything

Yes, if you have a good reason, and they don't object, and you get permission. My predecessors built a fence on public land and the city was very happy with it and won't allow me to remove it.

You cannot legally built anything on land you do not own. To do so is just asking for trouble down the road.

it depends on where you live, you should check with the hoa before doing so

Don't know where you live.

Don't know what the law is where you live.

Don't know why you posted your question here.

Don't know why you didn't check with the government body that owns the land.

Usually not (at least not legally) because it isn't your property to do any work on. Most of us actually own less real property than we take care of, though, because the property line is rarely actually the street or sidewalk where we stop taking care of the grounds. Some cities oblige property owners to take care of that common land which faces their property (sides of roads); some do not. It is rare that the city complains about anyone taking care of that strip of land though, for obvious reasons, and they typically do not even react when the owner of the land plants trees or shrubs or flowers or whatever in that strip.

If that is the land that you are talking about, the city might not care if your fence extends into the city right of way or lot that is used for the street, as long as it doesn't interfere with traffic or road maintenance, or drainage, in any way. Of course, if some day the city needs to dig on that part of the lot, they won't have to recompense you for destroying a fence that you erroneously placed on their land.

Short answer: you shouldn't do it, you are not really allowed to do it, but you might get away with it. It is not your land to obstruct.