Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Can I get a Real Estate License with a Felony conviction? Or Can I get any kind of License at all?

I am wondering what if any kind of Career would I be able to get licensed in... Even if I have to wait 7-10 years or do whatever to obtain it....

Real Estate? Paralegal? Massage therapy? Anything at all?

Please hopefully there is something out there for me even though I know and understand these charges suck...

The Felony is Aggravated Assault w/Dw (it was a really False charge and Long story but I’m innocent...)

And misdemeanor for theft Misdemeanor Class A, (It was a shoplifting incident when a I was younger)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You're innocent but you were convicted anyway? A likely story. The first thing you need to do is stop lying to yourself and acknowledge the truth that you were convicted for a reason. Then, maybe you can become honest enough for an employer to hire you.

• 6 months ago

What state?

What felony?

Without BOTH answers, a correct answer can't be known.

The Felony is Aggravated Assault w/Dw (it was a really False charge and Long story but I’m innocent...)

That claim is WORTHLESS for any purpose other than convincing people you are LYING.

• 6 months ago

Try truck driving. I know a few convicted felons who drive truck and make a pretty good living at it.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You also have to have the education. That could also be closed for many professions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Do you want me to call every licensing board in the World or are you able to say WHERE.

In my State Paralegals are not licensed. Real estate? No.

There is no "7 year" or "10 year" rule for any profession where a criminal background is involved.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Actually, in SOME jurisdictions for SOME crimes, there IS a time window.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.