promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do my shorts and underwear stink when they get wet?

I’m a little 17yr old female and sometimes if my shorts or underwear get wet they smell funny? I can’t really explain it but it’s kinda like old water and maybe pee/discharge . I don’t think I have an infection because they usually don’t smell like that and not even always when I get wet just sometimes. Maybe not wiping good enough? (I can’t affird very good tp but do the best with what I have without hurting myself) I’m clean but maybe it’s just old stuff hard to get rid of? No hate pls I know it’s kinda gross

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

The odor is the result of natural discharges from the vagina. Your vagina defends herself by discharging moisture, which helps make bacteria flow outward. This is all completely feminine and wonderful.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Invest in personal wipes. They aren't that expensive and they help keep your vagina and anus clean after using the restroom. Toilet paper is NOT enough and often you will have smells occurring because it cannot absorb everything. Even if you wash everyday, once you use the toilet, you've basically re-created an environment for odors to gather. Think about this too...we spend all day under clothing, so sweat and other things are inevitable. Wipes and perfume are necessary, especially in summer months.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Could that funky smell be mildew? If laundry is allowed to sit wet in the washer for too long before it gets dried, it can pick up a smell like Super Basement, which goes away when the clothes are dry but returns when they get wet.

You need to do whatever it takes to get yourself fully clean after using the bathroom, whether that's the smell's source or not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.