EDD approved me for unemployment benefits after I was terminated?

I was terminated due to no fault of my own and EDD saw this and is giving me my benefits. The employer told me I was laid off, so I put laid off when I filled out EDD. than they had me pending for a phone interview because the employer told them I was terminated and I knew I didn't do anything wrong or... show more I was terminated due to no fault of my own and EDD saw this and is giving me my benefits. The employer told me I was laid off, so I put laid off when I filled out EDD. than they had me pending for a phone interview because the employer told them I was terminated and I knew I didn't do anything wrong or neglectful so I did the phone interview and they awarded me my benefits. the question is was this employer actually fighting this? and will he now get a letter from EDD saying they awarded me my benefits that he was wrong? does he know I am getting my EDD. ?
Update: I just want him to know I was approved .