i broke my wrist about ten years ago and it had to be pinned in place?

now it is starting to hurt is that normal?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You might be developing arthritis in that joint (which tends to happen in joints that are injured) or you may need the pins removed. You need to see an orthopedist to find out what is going on.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I had a plate and screws in my collarbone. Had them removed a year after as it was painful.

• 6 months ago

Not at all unusual. Sometimes pins need to be removed even if they were intended to remain permanently in place.

See your doctor to help decide how to manage the problem: further surgery to remove the pins is often not the only option and sometimes simply isn’t possible.

• 6 months ago

You should go yo the hospital for further questions even tho it's been that long its good to be on the safe side

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • susie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That sounds Just like my ankle. I broke it many years ago, and now it aches. The doctors did warn be that this would happen,

• 6 months ago

No it is not. I broke my hip 2 years ago and they put pins in it and now it's hurting a lot. They're going to do surgery to remove the pins. Perhaps you need to have that done.

• 6 months ago

The best advice I can give is to go to a doctor. It could be nothing but there could be something wrong. Better be safe than sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.