Does the US government give away billions every year to ordinary folks like you and I?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Even more to wealthy corporations.

• 5 months ago

I wish they did.

• Don G
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You mean "like you and me".

• 5 months ago

Yes it does but the government doesn't give it directly to people they give it to agencies. To disperse on their behalf. Example LIHEAP assist person with their electric bill. There are programs to assist with home mortgages and programs to assist you in bailing you out of debt as far as your mortgage is concerned to help you keep your house. There is food programs. There is clothing programs. but it doesn't go straight into the hands of the people that goes into the hands of agencies that disperse the money for the state and federal government

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes - for example there was over 28 billion given for education pell grants thru to students from low to moderate income families who apply through FAFSA.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

not exactly- to banks, huge corporations like oil companies ad the war, yeah.

• Chris
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Trillions of dollars. (Transfer payments). Not to “ordinary folks”, but to people who do not work for a living for various reasons. Lots and lots of reasons. If you are “ordinary folks” who get up in the morning and go to work, you pay for all this laziness that our government wants to encourage and reward.

• 5 months ago

Can't say I've ever gotten any real money from the Federal Government yet. I'm sure I will after age 67. But so far, it's just pay pay pay for me.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Look at the biggest expenditures in the budget

• 5 months ago

Yes. And vice versa is also true.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.