Should I use Nicotine Replacement therapy after just 3 weeks of smoking?

hi my name is Antonis.

So I quit smoking almost a year ago and I did great. But due to a lot of anxiety I started smoking again 2 weeks ago. I don’t smoke a lot. I smoke 4-5 cigarettes per day. But no matter how hard I try as soon as the cravings hit I can’t control it no matter how much I care about my health.

My question is should I use Nicotine Gum to quit?

That’s how I quit the last time.

I’m just concerned because I’m not severely addicted and Nicotine Gum has 2mg of Nicotine.

• Kerri

If the gum helps you to quit then you should definitely use it. The gum only has nicotine in it compared to all the awful chemicals in cigarettes. Two mg of nicotine is not a big deal as long as you are otherwise healthy (no heart of blood pressure problems) and you can slowly cut back on the gum when your cravings lessen (chew a half a piece, then cut down to a quarter etc). It doesn’t matter how many cigarettes you smoke or for how long. If you feel that you need something to control the craving to smoke while you are trying to quit then you should use it.