Is my husband overreacting?

My husband and my ex are always fighting. My exes cousin touched me inappropriately in front of my son while he was sleeping. I told my husband and he doesn't want my exes cousin around me or our son. My ex needed help to get some of his things from our place and brought his cousin after my husband told him not to bring him and he did anyway cause that is the only person he has. My ex takes care of our son although he isn't his. We have a daughter together, my ex and I and he is a great father. When my ex tries to hit on me or try to make moves on me I tell my husband and he gets angry. He doesn't want our son around him when he does things like that. My husband wanted to call the cops on him because my ex had our son taking him to park.

my husband is just overall upset because he brought his cousin to our house to help my ex move things out while he was at work. He has never met or spoken to my exes cousin and yet he hates him so much. Is my husband overreacting.

Also my ex took care of his son since he was born because my husband was not around at that time. He didn't talk to me at all while I was ending my pregnancy.

• RP
    Favorite Answer

He may be overreacting, but you need to give him the understanding and support you would like him to provide you. The best thing you can do is respect his wishes and that will ensure he will not have cause to be as agitated in the future.

• RP

Your welcome. I'd like to think I'm a human being ahead of any specific gender or whatever. I wish you only the best.

Sorry my husband likes honesty. Worst advice.

Sounds like you need to figure out how to draw boundaries between the men in your life and the children you have born them. If your husband doesn't want your ex in his home or taking care of the boy you and your husband created... then keep the ex out! You have a husband and a child with your husband and your ex still has things in your home that need be moved around?

There are choices to be made here that are YOUR choices. All this bs about your ex coming on to you and you telling your husband and his cousin coming on to you and you telling your husband..... what games are you playing here?

Get your life straight. There's a lot of nonsense going on here.

• history

I've been well and faithfully wed for 31 years. When some guy puts the moves on me, I shut it down on the spot not to be repeated. And see no reason at all to involve my spouse in matters I've competently handled myself. I have zero fear about how he'd react if "people tried to turn things around".

• Teal

Your ex openly pursues you even though you are married and he brought a man in to your home who groped you in front of your child. Your ex has shown you over and over again that he does not respect you or your marriage. Your husband shouldn't need to react at all, you are the one who should have shut this down and set boundaries with your ex long before it became a problem. It's very telling though that you don't have a word to say in support of your husband, yet you don't hesitate to defend your ex. Get your priorities straight. Decide what kind of wife and mother you want to be before the decision is made for you.

• Hotmom12166 months agoReport

Yeah you must be the poor whore out there with no education. Ha! Seems your mad ANA because someone took your husband. I am a damn great mother I get from my family and husband. Its called honesty and respect dumb little ****.

What if it was his ex that was doing all this...?

• Foofa

Your husband is reacting exactly the way you want him to. If you were looking to stir the pot between these two you wouldn't report your ex's every misstep back to your husband. You created this mess so end it by keeping your interactions with your ex to yourself. If he's coming onto you and threatening you every time you exchange child custody that's a matter for the police.