Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Did I completely destroy my friendship?

I've had a lot of financial problems in the past, especially with debt. A long-term friend of mine Jim has given me money so that I'd be able to pay it off. Unfortunately, I was late on paying rent and was about to be kicked out.

I was also aware that my friend Jim had been cheating on his fiance. When I went to request money from Jim this time, he refused, so I got pretty heated and threatened to tell his fiance about his side chick unless he gave me the money I was entitled too. He kicked me out of his house, but I was wondering if this act destroyed the friendship between me and him?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yeah, threatening to blackmail someone usually IS the end of the relationship. It's also crime so you should just be grateful he didn't report this to the police.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

WHAT "friendship"? You're not a friend to anybody. You were trying to blackmail Jim into giving you money that you somehow felt you were "entitled" to, in return for keeping your silence about his side chick.

He was absolutely right to kick you out of his house.

• 6 months ago

Yes, if he has any sense at all. You are an extortionist and bum.

• 6 months ago

Blackmail is an excellent reason to permanently remove someone from your life.

Would love to hear your explanation of how you are "entitled" to Jim's money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Raven
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Honey, you ain't entitled to the hot crap that dogs sh.it out on lawns. No one ever has to give you anything in life. If you stopped asking this question all day and got a job instead you might have some cash of your own.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

And this was the day you got your account suspended.

• 6 months ago

That is not friendship.

That is dependency.

And that is over, also.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• 6 months ago

No, you didn't destroy the friendship. There is no friendship, there is no "Jim", and the entire story is obviously fabricated as a troll post. Would you like to know what makes it obvious? Ask me in comments and I'll tell you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.