Would you rather spend another $10T bailing out Wall Street, or $7T on wars in the Middle East, or $1.6T on student loan debt forgiveness?

• martin
    Favorite Answer

Although wiping out student debt would be beneficial, the price of wiping out 100% of it is appalling, so why not wipe out say 40%?

• RICK

How about
      "You borrowed it, you pay it back"

• wall street serves a purpose unlike your underwater lesbian basket weaving degree.

pay for your own schooling like the rest of us did.

Any economist would say that the student debt bailout would be terrible for our country’s national debt, that in turn would accomplish nothing for college students. Wall Street is a bunch of cronies! So while I do not want a war I’d say spend trillions on national security!

Some on debt forgiveness, and the rest on teacher pay increases with a block grant for states.

None of your suggestions really. I'd like to see what the American people put in the social security system which was stolen by the Congress returned. I'd like to see veterans taken care of. I'd like to see homeless children that are residents cared for. I can go one, but I think you get my point.

Absolutely none of the above...that is why I VOTED FOR TRUMP!!!

• ron h

well, that didn't work out well, did it. Wall street got the cash, the wars are still on, and he's trying to get us into another war or two. You might want to rethink your vote if donnie's not impeached. Forgive student debt? No matter who talks about it, it can not be done.

No on Wall Street. I'm mixed on the Middle East. Ignoring our enemies can result is a much higher cost. And I'm no on Student Loan forgiveness. You sign contract, you take the money, you pay it back. Anything else is the very definition of theft.

The first two.

I never borrowed anything I wasn't ready to pay back with interest. I make good financial decisions. Because, I would never think to demand anyone bail me out.

First of all, your numbers are WAY off. We didn't spend that much on the "bail outs" (the banks were owed that money by the government) and the budget for the middle east hasn't reached $1 trillion yet.

So, no, I don't want to spend $1.6 trillion to bail out a bunch of spoiled middle-class children to take "Women's Studies". The banks were OWED that money, and the military protects my Constitutional rights. College student don't do anything for me.

• ron h

I saw the great recession and it was scary as fu ck. When things went to hell, it was fast and we didn't know how long the world economies would take to recover. I'd forgotten some of this: https://www.history.com/topics/21st-century/troubled-asset-relief-program

A & B to heck with C one could always go to trade school

None of the above.