How do people really feel about interracial relationships/marriages?

I am a nurse and a few days ago I was looking at a wedding magazine with an older patient, there were gay couples, Asian couples and white couples in the magazine and she didn’t say anything but the second I flipped the page to an interracial couple she flipped out saying “why would they ever put that in a magazine... show more I am a nurse and a few days ago I was looking at a wedding magazine with an older patient, there were gay couples, Asian couples and white couples in the magazine and she didn’t say anything but the second I flipped the page to an interracial couple she flipped out saying “why would they ever put that in a magazine what a disgrace that is so wrong”
I really couldn’t believe it. My parents are black/white my grandparents are black/white and many of my friends are in black/white relationships. I am a mixed race girl and only date white men..
I just have to wonder why is it that people have such a problem with mixed race marriages and if you would be ok with your child bringing home someone of a different race