Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

Why doesn't it do anything when I appeal anymore?

So I asked how to appeal. Users answered providing a link to this "help page" where I could email a specialist to appeal deletion of a question. It actually worked fine at first, my wrongfully reported questions were restored. But now it's just... broken. Why?

@martin, it is worth it. People shouldn't be able to get away with wrongfully reporting

@Daniel,

I don't get any error message. I submit an appeal request, it says "thanks. A specialist will contact you shortly" but nothing actually happens, and my content doesn't actually get re-posted

• Daniel

First one that I have Heard of having a Issue Do you get any Error messages when you try to Appeal ? if so what messages do you get

• .

What do you mean the appeal page is broken? I haven't used it in months, but then it's difficult to answer the questions when they want to know information from the violation notice email you received (but those emails aren't being sent out).

We don't know if the email address being used by the Help page appeal feature is being monitored regularly or at all, since you are asked to share the EXACT text that was removed (which is tough to do unless it was a short post and you have a good memory) AND you're asked for the reason given in the email for the removal, which you can't provide if you didn't get an email.

General consensus is Verizon Media isn't much interested in dealing with appeals for YA content removal. Whether that will change down the road is something we can't know.

• Eastside Guz

I was wondering if Verizon Media had taken over since the Yahoo Corp. was letting this go or not paying attention anymore, but seems like the new boss is almost the same as the old boss (Who song)

• martin

Experience teaches that rejection and deletion of answers outrageously and illegitimately, really isn't worth appealing. Same for deleted questions probably. Just ignore it and carry on.