Are gender traits completely a result of societal expectations?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If liberals spent time around unaltered purebreds instead of fixed dogs from the pound they might know better. Unspayed & unnetured dogs are very gender specific, so are humans.

There are some people who have traits of both and they tend to be liberal. Its actually selfish to say what suits a rare subset of society should be the norm.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

I wouldn't think so.

Most girls and boys act their gender long before they're exposed to society.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

People who say that gender traits are a result of societal expectations have never had children.

If you are a parent you KNOW that gender traits are innate and immutable. If it were not so then transgender people would be cured with some psychotherapy. Crossdressers have absolutely no societal expectations to dress the way they do. In fact the they feel a need to dress counter to all societal expectations.

• 7 months ago

No that is not true. I am the type of a woman who is more in her element being home doing housework and such. To know a bit more; I am good with money meaning; I never live above my means.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.