how do I turn my laptop speed up?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Contact your internet provider to see what speed you're paying for. Just be aware that advertised internet speeds are usually under low load conditions, and when lots of customers are online at certain times, internet speed will drop.

• 5 months ago

Just get a new laptop...

• 5 months ago

I think it's memory issue so try to boost memory space and remove malware.

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

go to your local computer shop and ask them for a bottle of speed spray

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Go into power settings and hit high performance. In the advanced part of power settings you can do tweaking of your cpu and other clock adjustments to make your performance even faster.

But I honesty know with laptops, it is notoriously bloatware causing it to slow down. Your factory disc comes with programs that runs in the background and slows down the computer. I would delete all bloatware

• 5 months ago

most cpu speeds are locked. if you have a variable speed cpu and you permanently want it on turbo, then it will either be a switch in the bios settings, or there will be an application than came with the pc from the mainboard maker than can adjust it. *** overheating the cpu will reduce the life of the pc.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

There's a secret switch inside, but you'll have to pull off the screen to find it.

• 5 months ago

There is no speed control on a laptop look in the control panel under system and see what the speed of your processor is if it's less than 2.3 it's god-awful slow! clean everything off of it factory reset it and sell it on eBay and get something that has a 3.1 gigahertz processor like a Dell m4500. Or a Dell m 6400 yes they're older but they're also fast as hell.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Shut Down any programs that use "Background memory"

Stop the program that constantly looks for internet updates.

Set Resolution to minimum (or optimal) settings.

Better, Buy a newer machine with a faster CPU and 16 GB of RAM memory.

• 5 months ago

You buy a faster laptop. Speeds on laptops are set by the bus and CPU, since you can't change those, you change laptops.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.