I accidentally poked myself with a pencil on my lower right side of my front body. Would something bad happens to me if that happens?

No. Nothing would happen at all. It takes a lot of led to get led poisoning. A small pencil won't cause you any damage

Put a little bit of bactine on the wound. It's graphite it won't kill you

• Lili

When I was in the 8th grade, a classmate accidentally stabbed the palm of my hand with a pencil. It hurt like hell, bled a fair bit, and the tip of the pencil broke off below the skin.

That was when I was 13. It's 49 years later, and that tiny dot of pencil graphite is still in my palm. The skin healed right over it, but I can still see it.

It's never caused me any problems whatsoever.

Just make sure that if the pencil broke the skin, you disinfect the area and maybe dab it with some antibiotic ointment. It's not the graphite you need to worry about, just the broken skin, and even that isn't likely to cause any issues at all.

No, other than a skin infection, but that has nothing to do with the pencil. I suspect it will be healed by tomorrow. Nothing toxic in pencil graphite.

Not likely. I still have the point of a very sharp pencil stuck in the palm of my hand from when I was in the 5th grade, I'm 60 now. Pencils don't actually contain lead, despite what they call it.

If it's a really deep puncture wound, it could become infected. Deep punctures can be especially dangerous because they carry dirt and germs deep below the surface.

I'd say just keep an eye on it. If it gets all sore and the area around it turns red, you might consider going to a doctor and getting antibiotics. But it's unlikely that it will be a problem.

Another thing. Deep punctures (maybe more than, like, 1/4" deep) take longer to heal than just a surface scratch. The skin will heal over it first, because our body's defenses try to close up a wound quickly. But the wound beneath the skin is still healing. So even after the wound seems gone, if you rub it or move it in certain ways, you'll still feel it beneath the skin, either with little twinges of pain, or as a hard little lump beneath the skin, for a while longer. This is normal.

I have pencil lead in a couple spots from 65 years ago when I poked my hand with pencils and lead broke off

• Fuhr

Me fail English? That unpossible!

Source(s): Ralph

Of course not. It's just a pencil.

Maybe blah blah blah