I'm extremely scared to drive on a public road (beginner driver) because I'm scared of hitting other cars and speeding ?

• don r

You need to practice more, with a driving coach, and you need to accept helpful criticism. Get used to looking where you're going more than at everything that isn't in the way. Look where it's clear, judge space and go there.

• Erik

Don't be scared, once you've hit a few it becomes no big deal.

I’m in my beginning stage of driving aswell and I’m still learning but trust me there is nothing to be scared of. As long as you drive safely and follow the rules of the road you will be fine. I suggest practicing on less busy streets if you can so you can get the hang of it.

• Dimo

No problem, get a 50cc motor-scooter. You can see the limits of the scooter and thus no problem avoiding other vehicles. It can only do 30 mph maximum (cheap) to 45 mph maximum (Vespa) and thus no problem keeping your speed down.

After a year on a scooter, stepping up to a car is easy.

• Dimo

A motorcycle is less likely to crash than a car. The statistics against motorcycles ignore the fact that risk-takers prefer motorcycles.

a] What is your question?

FAIL

b] Stay home and don't drive.

Practice on roads with little or no traffic.

• Scott

There's no reason to be scared. You can control whether or not you're speeding. You can also control whether or not you hit other cars. It's not rocket science.

Your car will have brakes, which are designed to prevent both crashes and speeding.