How do I change the volts on a stepper driver?

I finally put together my cnc machine. Now I have to measure the volts on the stepper driver and I'm supposed to get a reading of 0.60 or 0.55 on the multimeter. I'm only getting 0.06 though. Could someone tell me the possible problem? I was told that I have the red and black cords in the correct place. I need help.

This looks like an arduino shield. Apart from that, there's a lot of possible error sources if you don't tell us much, much more about it:

- everything is ok, and you're simply using the multimeter in the wrong range (or plain wrong). Hint: a reading of 0.60 what? Apples, Oranges, Volts, Ohms, Amps, Farads,...

- everything is ok and your multimeter is shot

- you have a short circuit somewhere

- your power supply isn't up to the task

- your multimeter isn't up to the task

- your software isn't running or isn't running correctly

-.....

you are showing us a complicated circuit board, but with no idea what the circuit is or what it does. Or no idea what you are measuring. Or what the conditions are.