Loud open mouth snoring issue?

I've always been an open mouth snorer, but it really impacts my SOs life. It wakes them up multiple times a night and their efforts to get me to stop often wakes me up. We have tried tons of stuff but the issue is I'm a very "active" sleeper. Anything on or strapped to my face will quickly be... show more I've always been an open mouth snorer, but it really impacts my SOs life. It wakes them up multiple times a night and their efforts to get me to stop often wakes me up. We have tried tons of stuff but the issue is I'm a very "active" sleeper. Anything on or strapped to my face will quickly be removed once I fall asleep.

Tried a chin strap, I just take it off in my sleep.
Even tried borrowing a CPAP machine. Same, just took it off in my sleep.
Tried various strips and other things to put both in and on the nose. They either didnt work or I took them out shortly after falling asleep.

Apparently my sleeping self doesnt like anything on my face.

I also move a lot in my sleep. So trying to sleep in one specific position doesnt work. If too many pillows are under my head to keep me upright I just slide down.

We have tried many other things and pretty much every quick fix off the shelf snoring remedy, none worked.

We are pretty much out of ideas other than surgery (which isnt even on the table because theres no way I could even come close to affording it and my insurance will not cover it)

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!