Thought I had gallstones but everything came back normal?

I had been having extreme abdominal pain for months and it was horrible in the upper abdomen and upper right abdomen. I still occassionally get upper right abdominal pressure on certain days. I kept burping constantly too so I thought something was seriously wrong with me I even was getting back pain. I had an... show more I had been having extreme abdominal pain for months and it was horrible in the upper abdomen and upper right abdomen. I still occassionally get upper right abdominal pressure on certain days. I kept burping constantly too so I thought something was seriously wrong with me I even was getting back pain.

I had an ultrasound and everything came back normal. I was happy but surprised at the same time but my doctor told me that it could be acidic foods or stress and to start maybe drinking some mineral water.

I thought I had gallstones but everything came back normal. Was it a waste getting the ultrasound?