Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 months ago

Did the British create the sectarian bigotry that exists in Northern Ireland because of the Plantation of Ulster 1609?

Update:

I want no bigoted answers and as unbias as you can.

Update 2:

If they keep out of Ireland they could have got on with a no deal Brexit now Norhern Ireland holds them back from a no deal Brexit it's funny how the British with all thier imperial might got beaten by druken paddies.

Update 3:

Brain Irish immigration over to Scotland during the famine.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The British pompous bigoted ignorant imperialists and they still clench thier fists at who anyone who gets independence from them and who challenges them look at the hate the Irish Prime Minster gets in the Right wing press. Scottish and the Welsh are fine it's mainly the English.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

No. You might like to study the history of the Scots population of Ireland. In fact, you might find it interesting to study the ancient Irish history of Scotland. It is all very interesting, I suppose.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No, not really.

As much as you want to deny it, bigotry was well established in Ireland long before the British arrived.

• Brian
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

How does that explain the sectarian bigotry here in the west of Scotland then?It exists now with Scotland being part of the UK and would still exist if Scotland became an independent country.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

"Druken"? You really are a knob, aren't you?

• Tim D
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I think s/he might be a druk.

• 7 months ago

You fail to mention that a majority of the population in Northern Ireland are unionists - they want to remain part of the UK. It's Scots like me they should worry about - if Boris Johnson is PM I'm pretty certain that will tip the balance and be the end of our United Kingdom.

• ...Show all comments
    • Spider-Man
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

So you know about the United Irishmen tell me what do you think of United Irish Republic Unite Catholic Protestant and Dissenter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.