What is the term used for a fake wall on the front of a commercial building that is higher than the roof?

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    My old prof used to call them 'Dodge City' sets but they are simply 'False Fronts' - a facade that is independent of the architecture of the rest of the building.

  • 6 months ago

    Oh, back in 1992, I built a 10x10 shed in my back yard to look like an old western building. That design is called a "False Front".

  • 6 months ago

    still haven't gotten the right answer. A façade is wrong.

  • 6 months ago

    It could be 'facade' or it could be 'curtain wall'.

    • John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

      In Britain what came to my mind first was "curtain wall". But now that you have mentioned "facade", that too might be suitable. Given the variety of offers so far, how will you know which one is correct?

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

    Anyone else going to say the F word? Go on! You know you want to!!!.........

  • 6 months ago

    Façade is it's name.

  • 6 months ago

    Usually a Facade, the whole perimeter of a flat roof would be a Parapet.

  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    How about ..... Facade

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.