Can you get your vaccines before the military?

Can you get your vaccines before the military? asking because i hear the way they do it is painful not because i am antivax kid.

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

If you went to public school, you should already have most of the shots that the military requires. Some of the other shots that the miltary requires aren't given to everyone, just to people going to certain parts of the world (anthrax, smallpox, etc). When I came in, I might have only needed one or two shots in basic.

Also, there is nothing different about the way the military gives shots.

• RICK

When I went in you got all the shots again, you got so called "booster" shots

After all the immunity given is for a limited duration

Example: Tetanus is every 10 years

Smallpox was every 6 years

Typhoid was every year if in a Typhoid area

And Cholera was every 6 months

The military will give you so many shots that you'll be able to be dropped into the deepest regions of the most deadly diseases and still be as protected as medical science has figured out how to do. Getting shots before you go into the military is 100% unnecessary. They'll do it!

Their shots, their dollar. No need for you to do so. The military will make sure you have all the shots you'll require.

• history

My husband was active military for 17 years (now retired 100% service connected disabled).. I posted the answer HE gave to your question.

• Stoo

Not only can you, you'll be expected to, and should have had them well before you could sign up. You can't be anti-vax in the military. They're not going to listen to such nonsense. Your not being vaccinated would endanger the health of the entire unit, and the military in particular is not going to put up with such bullshit.

• Jenny

You damn well better.

• .

Why pay for what the military gives you for free?

• jack6 months agoReport

because don't they just kinda stab them into your arm.