My mother asked me to join her this Sunday for the baptism of her friend's grandson. Is it okay for me to go when it was my Mom invited?

Also if my Mom changes her mind do I need to stay home or can I still go? My Mom often says something she does not mean. I am excited but don't want to get excited if it means being disappointed. It is her friend whose kids I played with growing up so I really like them, the kids. The friend is colder as she... show more Also if my Mom changes her mind do I need to stay home or can I still go? My Mom often says something she does not mean.

I am excited but don't want to get excited if it means being disappointed. It is her friend whose kids I played with growing up so I really like them, the kids. The friend is colder as she has gotten older and her husband odd. As a result I don't know if my Mom and I are polite to do it this way. I miss this family so I'd be thrilled to see them again.