Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

If my friend wants what she told me to be kept confidential what does that really mean? Can I tell my family?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Jahal
    Lv 5
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're really a friend you won't . Think about the reverse. Would you want her to "only" tell her boyfriend or family about your private business?

Don't be a jerk

• kelvin
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

you can come on here and troll this daily

• GB
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

If you must tell someone, then tell your family pet, unless it's a talking bird.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nest time she needs a friend, tell her that you're NOT her friend and that you will repeat anything she says.

• 6 months ago

It means they trust you and don't want you to tell anyone and if you do tell and it comes back you may lose your friend and absolutely there trust.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It means whatever you talked about is between YOU AND HER not you, her and your family (or anyone else)

• 6 months ago

NO. Your friend has told you something in confidence. The only exception is, if it affects your family, or she told you of an illegal act, then you should discuss it with family for advice.

• 6 months ago

It means that she would prefer that you tell no one.

• 6 months ago

Your friend told you something between you two and wants you to tell no one else. Consider it a secret. Doctors and lawyer have the same system. Doctor-patient and lawyer-client confidentiality.

• James
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

if you have to ask, then maybe you're not the right person for your friend to confide in

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No but you likely are the type of person who can't keep their mouth shut.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.