Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

If my friend wants what she told me to be kept confidential what does that really mean? Can I tell my family?

• Jahal
    Favorite Answer

If you're really a friend you won't . Think about the reverse. Would you want her to "only" tell her boyfriend or family about your private business?

Don't be a jerk

• kelvin

you can come on here and troll this daily

• GB

If you must tell someone, then tell your family pet, unless it's a talking bird.

• ron h

Nest time she needs a friend, tell her that you're NOT her friend and that you will repeat anything she says.

It means they trust you and don't want you to tell anyone and if you do tell and it comes back you may lose your friend and absolutely there trust.

It means whatever you talked about is between YOU AND HER not you, her and your family (or anyone else)

NO. Your friend has told you something in confidence. The only exception is, if it affects your family, or she told you of an illegal act, then you should discuss it with family for advice.

It means that she would prefer that you tell no one.

Your friend told you something between you two and wants you to tell no one else. Consider it a secret. Doctors and lawyer have the same system. Doctor-patient and lawyer-client confidentiality.

• James

if you have to ask, then maybe you're not the right person for your friend to confide in

No but you likely are the type of person who can't keep their mouth shut.