Why am I not allowed out without permission?

When I go out my dad always tell me that I need his permission and Im 18 why is he treating me this way?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

His house, his rules.

Don't you dare pull the "I'm 18" trump card I would like to remind you that you are still under 21, still a teenager, and I highly doubt any more mature than you were at 17.

Shut up and stop whining, child.

• 6 months ago

You can do whatever you want but if you want to live in your dad's house you have to live by his rules.

• `
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You could move out and start paying your rent, utilities, groceries, etc.

• 6 months ago

Because you're still living under his roof. that's part of parenting when you're providing for somebody you expect accountability from them if you're not into being a kid anymore then find your own place to live and you won't have to be accountable to anybody anymore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Because you live in HIS house, using HIS resources, eating HIS food. Perhaps he worries about HIS investment in you. Why not get a job, pay your own way and move out so you can live the life you wish and answer to no one?

• 6 months ago

You are 18, you do not need his permission.

• martin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Your dad worries a lot probably. He wants to keep tabs on you, know where you're going and whom you'll be with.

• 6 months ago

Sounds to me like he doesn't trust you. Ask him if he does or doesn't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.