Why am I not allowed out without permission?

When I go out my dad always tell me that I need his permission and Im 18 why is he treating me this way?

His house, his rules.

Don't you dare pull the "I'm 18" trump card I would like to remind you that you are still under 21, still a teenager, and I highly doubt any more mature than you were at 17.

Shut up and stop whining, child.

You can do whatever you want but if you want to live in your dad's house you have to live by his rules.

• `

You could move out and start paying your rent, utilities, groceries, etc.

Because you're still living under his roof. that's part of parenting when you're providing for somebody you expect accountability from them if you're not into being a kid anymore then find your own place to live and you won't have to be accountable to anybody anymore.

• Robert

Because you live in HIS house, using HIS resources, eating HIS food. Perhaps he worries about HIS investment in you. Why not get a job, pay your own way and move out so you can live the life you wish and answer to no one?

You are 18, you do not need his permission.

• martin

Your dad worries a lot probably. He wants to keep tabs on you, know where you're going and whom you'll be with.

Sounds to me like he doesn't trust you. Ask him if he does or doesn't.