Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 6 months ago

What to do to become a better Defensive End?

I just turned 16, 6’5 and 195 lb with a 6’8 wingspan. I have a 250 bench, 345 Squat and 230 powerclean. I’m going to be playing varsity and I’ve had many coaches and 2 D1 schools say they were interested in me just because of my size. I really want to have a good junior season and to make a good impression to hopefully play D1. I’ve started my last 2 years playing but they weren’t varsity. I’m lifting and eating healthy. I’m not the fastest either. What are some things I can work on from my home, weight room or anything to make me just have that edge. Thank you

• Cu Tie
    Favorite Answer

Based on your height and weight, as well as your wingspan and lifts, I believe that you will make a very good fit at defensive end. Considering your age, your size, especially your height, gives you the potential to become an elite high school varsity defensive end.

Remember, the best way to prove yourself is through actions, not words. In addition to lifting and eating healthy, you will need to work hard and prove yourself during practice every day.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your junior, and especially senior, year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final 2 years of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a Division 1 College Football program in the future.