Will an ethernet splitter work for me?

I've been reading about ethernet splitters and network switches online and I'm not entirely sure which one I need. My Nintendo Switch is on top of my computer desk along with 2 monitors and I want to have a wired connection on both my PC and my Nintendo Switch but there is only one ethernet port on my... show more I've been reading about ethernet splitters and network switches online and I'm not entirely sure which one I need. My Nintendo Switch is on top of my computer desk along with 2 monitors and I want to have a wired connection on both my PC and my Nintendo Switch but there is only one ethernet port on my powerline network adapter.

Will an ethernet splitter solve this issue or do I need a network switch? I've read that splitters limit speeds to 100mbps which is fine because I only have 50mbps down and 10mbps up, plus I'm more concerned about packet loss/latency for gaming than speeds.
Update: I already have a router, and it does have wifi, but wifi sucks especially for gaming, I need a wired connection. That's why I have a powerline network adapter and it works great, it's just that it only has 1 port.