Should there be 2 watch/condom pockets (the tiny pocket) on jeans?Also,should there be a pocket (not back)for women to hold their iphones.?

Seems to me 1 watch pocket is needed for our coins. Another watch pocket can be to give coins, to those who are begging for coins, in every major city around the World, these days.

Women's jeans don't generally have large front pockets - are they OK with the back pocket for smart phones? the phones always look like they are about to fall out. $1000/£700 item which could fall in street. Could not jeans be better designed? Or are they fit for purpose?

• martin
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. If you could patent this, you may become a millionaire.

Because when jeans were first invented and made cell phone were not yet available and Levi Strauss was a tailor, not a prophet who could see 150 years into the future. The very first Jeans were designed as men's work pants in the mid 1800's. The California gold miners wore out regular work pants very quickly and Levi Strauss wanted to make sturdy, durable pants that had everything the gold miner of 1875 needed. There was one pocket for his watch -wrist watches were not yet common -two front yoke pockets that held needed items and back pockets for small items. There were no cell phones in 1875 so Levi did not design the pockets for carrying cell phones. He was a tailor and garment maker -not a prophet! The design was so successful that there was no need to change anything fo almost a century. In the 1970's jeans stopped being workwear and became fashion wear. Because the watch pocket and smaller front pockets were the most authentic these wear part of the high fashion designer jeans fad of the 70 to 80's. There were also no cell phones in the late 70's or early 80's so when the design of jeans were adapted for modern times they did not design for something not yet invented. As for modern times -the style right now is for jeans to be as tight as possible. Large pockets can ripple, bunch up and wreck the smooth painted on appearance many women want. As for the watch pocket -it's a nod to the long history of this garment and since people only even carry one watch -there will only ever be one watch pocket.

• Cee

I can't see why not.

• D50

Condom pockets! I love it. If the jeans are tight enough, you'll be able to see the little circle and people will know you're on the make.

Because DECENT people do not carry things like that around.

• SheilaK

If a person was DECENT, they would not be carrying this around with them, they would be using it appropriately at home.

they rnight sell thern like that sornewheres

No. Condom/watch pockets make the person wearing the jeans look stupid. Girls shouldn't put anything at all in their pockets, because it makes them look lumpy. If they want to carry phones, that's what a purse is for, besides their brushes, makeup, and feminine products.

One's enough (watch pocket) because how many people do you actually see with a pocketwatch? Women wear bras and this is the best place to also carry a cell phone.

• stephen6 months agoReport

how about the separation of coins over 2 pockets for 2 different purposes, as I mention in the expansion of my question?

Well why don't you start a jean company yourself?

Most people want to sacrifice comfort and practically for style, and the current style is skin tight, so good luck with making room for pockets.

• stephen6 months agoReport

That's an amusing answer in my case - as I spent many years of my career at a jeans company.

Funny you mention that. I saw this pretty gal wearing some tight jeans yesterday and she had her phone stuffed in her back pocket. It just emphasized how tight the jeans were and made her seem more sexy.

• bluebellbkk

Carrying anything in your back pocket is ASKING to have it stolen.