Why is my car overheating?

I was driving home last night and wasn’t paying attention like a dummy. Trying to plug in my phone and whatnot. I was in a neighborhood when I ran onto some grass and hit those thin, orange highlighter cone things that people keep in their yard. Didn’t notice any problems until I got home and my car was overheated,... show more I was driving home last night and wasn’t paying attention like a dummy. Trying to plug in my phone and whatnot. I was in a neighborhood when I ran onto some grass and hit those thin, orange highlighter cone things that people keep in their yard. Didn’t notice any problems until I got home and my car was overheated, engine light came on, and said I needed an oil change. Drove fine, didn’t hear any unusual noises. Was too tired to figure out the problem so I waiting until morning. I went outside this morning to face reality. Oil all over the ground and is at 0 percent. The car overheats fairly quick. Less than 5 mins. I didn’t see any smoke coming from the hood or anything. There’s coolant in there as well. If you can please help
18 answers 18