Hello Good Evening, i would like to ask about my project. My project was about controlling the speed of the stepper motor.?

In my project the user will input their desired speed and their desired duration for that speed using electronic keypad, after that the stepper motor will run at low speed , the accelerometer will measure the speed of the stepper real time which will be displayed on the LCD . The stepper motor will continue to... show more In my project the user will input their desired speed and their desired duration for that speed using electronic keypad, after that the stepper motor will run at low speed , the accelerometer will measure the speed of the stepper real time which will be displayed on the LCD . The stepper motor will continue to accelerate until it will achieve the user input speed and after the desired speed was achieved the motor will run constant until the desired duration was done, the motor will slowly decelerate until it reach zero. My question is , can i program my stepper motor to start at 0rpm? is it possible or is it okay to start at 0rpm? why? is there a basis why it is need to start at 0rpm?