Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 6 months ago

Hello Good Evening, i would like to ask about my project. My project was about controlling the speed of the stepper motor.?

In my project the user will input their desired speed and their desired duration for that speed using electronic keypad, after that the stepper motor will run at low speed , the accelerometer will measure the speed of the stepper real time which will be displayed on the LCD . The stepper motor will continue to accelerate until it will achieve the user input speed and after the desired speed was achieved the motor will run constant until the desired duration was done, the motor will slowly decelerate until it reach zero. My question is , can i program my stepper motor to start at 0rpm? is it possible or is it okay to start at 0rpm? why? is there a basis why it is need to start at 0rpm?

0 RPM is motionless, so it's unclear what you are asking.

A motor always starts out motionless.

A stepper motor moves in small increments, with each pulse applied to it causing it to advance one increment. RPM setting is just a matter of how many pulses you apply in one minute and what the step increment is.

for example, a 1.8º motor takes 360/1.8 = 200 steps for one revolution. So if you want 100 RPM, you need to apply pulses at the rate of 200•100 = 20000 pulses per minute or 333.3 pulses per second.

The speed of a stepper motor is controlled by the frequency of the drive.