Do I even have the right to say no here?

A guy has recently shown interest in me. We have good conversations and at first I considered pursuing him but I’m beginning to think he’s not my type. I’m not really attracted to him physically and while he makes me laugh sometimes, overall his humor is kinda darker and I’m not super into that. I’m afraid I may have led him on based on the fact that we talked a lot back when I was considering dating him, so now he thinks I like him more than I do and I don’t want to like, break his heart. Another problem I’m having with this is that I’ve NEVER dated anyone before. I’m nineteen. How can I possibly allow myself to be picky if I’ve never dated anyone? Do I even have the moral right to say no? How can I be single for nineteen years and then reject the first guy who shows interest in me?

What do you mean about a "moral right say no"?

If you're not attracted to the guy, you're not. What would be the point of dating him at all? I don't see one.

Let him know you're happy for his friendship (if you want) and that you're not feeling the sort of attraction you need to feel in order to go out on a date with him. It's the truth, isn't it? Might as well be honest.

And by the way, if we go out on a date or a few dates with a guy we are attracted to, it doesn't mean we are in a relationship.

• J

it's not about having morals its about to do what feel good to you, just make sure to keep everything straight friends and don't let him think that things are going somewhere else f you know what I mean.

Of course you can say no, if you don't want to date him then let him know sooner rather than later. If you keep talking to him just because you feel bad he might feel like you lead him on. Just let him know that you don't want to date right now, and that you need to focus on other things in your life.

• drip

You don’t date a guy for the simple and only reason is that he is interested in you.

You always have the right to say, sorry, no thank you

If you don’t find he attractive and you don’t like his dark sense of humor, don’t date him.

You date a guy because he peaks your interests, you want to get to know him better, you want to spend more time with him.

• drip

Got your red pen out don’t ya lib.rare.Ian.

• Alan H

You have every right to say no......and always will have

Just tell him that you have enjoyed your time together but that you do not feel he is, at present, the one for you.

Then move on . There will be others

hopefully you are just trolling. you are not obligated to date every guy who shows an interest in you. you are especially not obligated to date the first guy who EVER showed an interest in you. If you want to talk morals would it not be more immoral to lead him on and date him even though you are not interested? than to just say no thanks?

you have not been "single for 19 years" at 19 years old. surely you understand you were not born old enough to date, nor would you have been old enough to date at 5 or 10 years old.