Should the trans community separate itself from the LGB community?

Personally I feel it would be incredibly embarrassing to be officially dropped by the gay and lesbian community, so should we go our own way willingly instead? I think we should. Here are some reasons. 1. If the shoe were on the other foot, if trans people began gaining mass societal acceptance and gays... show more Personally I feel it would be incredibly embarrassing to be officially dropped by the gay and lesbian community, so should we go our own way willingly instead?

I think we should. Here are some reasons.

1. If the shoe were on the other foot, if trans people began gaining mass societal acceptance and gays didn't, wouldn't we drop the gays? I personally would. I don't understand how we can expect gays to fight for us. We aren't their problem. I wouldn't fight for gays if transgender people were more accepted and gays were left behind.

2. We aren't truly welcome anymore. Although most gays and lesbians I know are very supportive of trans rights, I feel like that's only because they feel this sense of solidarity. Like they feel obligated to be kind and supportive. I have been involved in many LGBT groups and while people may be nice, and polite, I feel like deep down they resent us. I personally resent them too. I mean they have had acceptance by society for like 5 minutes in the grand scheme of history and already they are acting like their sh*t don't stink. Do we want to be around people so fickle?

3. It's basically perpetuating the idea that trans people are gay by default. I take the view that a trans woman who is exclusively attracted to men is straight. Why should straight people be especially honored at gay pride?
Update: 4. We need to normalize homophobic trans people. Homosexuals now like to boast about the "many gays who oppose trans rights". Well I say if being a transphobic gay is acceptable we should make it acceptable to be homophobic trans people. As much as they may like to think so they aren't any better than... show more 4. We need to normalize homophobic trans people. Homosexuals now like to boast about the "many gays who oppose trans rights". Well I say if being a transphobic gay is acceptable we should make it acceptable to be homophobic trans people. As much as they may like to think so they aren't any better than us. In fact passing trans women are better than all prissy wickle gay men.