Opinions on the name Tommy for a boy?

I’m not keen on Thomas I just like Tommy. What do you think ?

• Kevin

Love it - personally I don’t see the point in banding a child something just to give them a nickname/variant of that name

Please give hi a proper name and use Tommy as a nickname.

If not Thomas, why not...

Tomlin

Thompson

Tomas

Tomeo

Thompkins

It sounds childish and it’s boring . Almost as boring as Michael. Too dang common

Tommy is one ‘nick name’ that is also pretty common as a full name, ranking at #729 in 2018 in the United States. I personally think it should be fine, but if it gives you reservations Tommy could always be used as a nickname for Tom or even Thompson instead.

• blank

Tommy is just okay. I understand you don't like Thomas so I will not suggest that. I also like Tom by it self more then Tommy.

I like the boy name Tommy Oliver.

Slang for a turd no.

Sounds like a mobster.

People are going to shorten it to Tom. If you don't like Tom, don't pick Tommy.

It's good name

• Mark

So name him Thomas, but call him Tommy. No one takes a person with a legal nickname seriously, and I'm SURE you want him to be successful as an adult.