Why Do I always get acne on one side of my face?

For 2 years I had acne on the left side of my face. It was all over my face (forehead, cheeks, jaw) but only on the left side. In the past few months, my skin condition improved overall and the left side of my face has been mostly clear of acne for the past few months. But for some reason almost as soon as it... show more For 2 years I had acne on the left side of my face. It was all over my face (forehead, cheeks, jaw) but only on the left side. In the past few months, my skin condition improved overall and the left side of my face has been mostly clear of acne for the past few months. But for some reason almost as soon as it cleared, the right side of my face started breaking out and now all my acne is on the right side...I didn't do anything new when this change happened and I never did treat each side differently since the beginning. If anything, I've always tried to avoid contact of my face and am very careful about anything that might affect it like my pillowcase, shampoo and everything else. I tried to avoid anything touching it and I also don't drive as I live in a city where most people don't need it. I don't think it's something physical that I'm doing to it as I've been taking care of both sides the same so I just wonder if anyone knows of under underlying conditions with my health that might be causing this phenomenon.
Update: I don't sleep on either side or put the phone to my face and there's absolutely nothing I can think of that regularly touches the particular side that has acne on it. I do have irregular periods and the acne seems to be much worse around my period so I know it's somewhat hormonal but I'm just not... show more I don't sleep on either side or put the phone to my face and there's absolutely nothing I can think of that regularly touches the particular side that has acne on it. I do have irregular periods and the acne seems to be much worse around my period so I know it's somewhat hormonal but I'm just not sure why it was only on one side, and now it's on the other side. Is there any known illness or failure in certain organs that would cause this?
0