If I point out that in the 1970s sciene thought we were causing an ice age, liberals move the post. Is this an attempt to silence my voice?

I include links to articles from the time concerning the topic.

Why can't liberals address the question logically instead of attempting to silence me?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's the Left's attempt to hide how " Climate Science " is nothing more than politics .

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes and that science has been discredited, multiple times.

• 6 months ago

Denial is about trying to make this about Liberals vs Republicans. When its really about science. The denier theory that “they predicted an ice age in the 70’s”, is not one of their better ones, one of of many they have tried over the years

https://skepticalscience.com/argument.php

It falls apart because if you look beyond the links deneirs use which link to just a couple of news stories, look at actual “Sciene” sources and you find even back in the 70’s papers where being published projecting warming, some did look at cooling based on data from the 1940-1970s but data since has shown that was wrong, there was no agreement in the 70s in the science community, denier ave tried to invent it, sadly its pretty easy to show it not true. Of course if deneirs where actually skeptics they would take that step and do the research, that they don’t earns them the title of denier.

• 6 months ago

Not really dude

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because it was a minor theory that was quickly debunked. Nobody even talks about it anymore except for ignorant trolls like you. People thought the Sun revolved around the Earth at one point, but we've since learned that it doesn't. Get over it and move on, kid.

That being said, this should be in the science section. It has nothing to do with politics.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Not that it makes any difference to whats going on now, roughly 90% of climate related scientists thought the planet was warming in the 70's, some believed it was going to cool because of the increased use of aerosols, but they were phased out.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

No, it's the press that blew things out of proportion back in the day, not science - of course moronic wingnut websites have now rewritten history for those of you who are too moronic to open your eyes...

• ROOF6 months agoReport

Cowboy is a Dirac sock account.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Moving our post doesn't silence you, so no. It MAY be an attempt to hide your post so it gets less attention because someone doesn't like you or your topic, or it may be an attempt to put your post where it is more likely to be reported, because it appears to be a violation. Moving it into a subcategory inappropriate for the topic is a violation (abuse of the Community).

• Daro
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Reporting the "violations" to Yahoo is a joke. They mean absolutely nothing. Les attention IS silencing. Lib media reports positive stories on Demoks as many times as possible. Anything against their agenda..... blacked out. Like the AGW emails discrediting it. Total blackout

• 6 months ago

Climate change fanatics can't handle any challenge to their ideology.

• Dirac
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

Oh, Daro, I'm soooo hurt. Still can't manage any actual science, can you? Remember how you said that NASA was saying the climate was cooling, and you got that COMPLETELY WRONG? I guess that taught you a lesson to stay away from the sciency stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.